The Ward Resident’s Association (TWRA) Is a group of people from the Saint Patrick’s Ward neighborhood in Guelph,Ontario. The aim of the group is to provide a forum for residents, particularly with regards to development in The Ward.
The group was formed in June 2010 to address the lack of citizen’s voices in the discussions surrounding Guelph’s Downtown Secondary Plan, which annexed a part of The Ward into Downtown.
Residents were also, particularly concerned by the proposed development for the former Woods site at 5 Arthur St. South, now known as The Metalworks.
TWRA became actively involved in helping to plan The Metalworks up until the beginning of construction in 2014.
Since then a small group have carried on research into planning processes and current development proposals. TWRA plans to return to a more active public profile soon.
Reasons to become a member
- Meet your neighbours
- Liaise with local municipal staff and council
- Be a part of Participatory Democracy at the upstream stage of development and,
- Help provide pro-active solutions to concerns regarding upcoming developments
Help provide pro-active solutions to concerns regarding the character and culture of our neighbourhood.
- Public safety and security
- Parking, traffic, light, wind, shade and noise issues
- Maintain the residential nature of our community
- Preserve the culture and heritage of The Ward
- Protect our night sky from light bleed and unhealthy light spectrums
- Share information and advice about regulations, permits etc.
- Enjoy some social events
TWRA is planning future meetings, events and more newsletters. If you would like to receive this newsletter or other announcements electronically, simply provide us with your email address by filling out the form on the contact page.